Traverse City, Mich. – Jan. 27, 2020 – Partnership opportunities are currently available for the 2020 Traverse City Horse Shows (TCHS) and Flintfields Horse Park, the Midwest favorites that are even more enhanced this year thanks to the addition of a series of championships and new renovations. TCHS knows brands and families are often asked to sponsor and support horse shows, so why should someone partner with TCHS? Here are the top four reasons to consider becoming a sponsor in Traverse City this summer:
1. World-class Events – Created in 2015, Traverse City Horse Shows (TCHS) has developed Flintfields Horse Park in Traverse City, Mich., and the Great Lakes Equestrian Festival (GLEF) into one of the top equestrian event destinations in the country. Now in its sixth season, TCHS is pleased to announce an exciting new line-up of marquee events, with eight weeks of FEI and National level competition.
• New Traverse City Spring Horse Shows, presented by Turtle Creek Casino & Hotel, to feature two weeks of FEI competition – June 11 – 21, 2020
• Great Lakes Equestrian Festival, presented by CaptiveOne Advisors, LLC, to grow to six weeks of FEI competition (two more weeks than in 2019!) – July 1 – Aug. 9, 2020
• GLEF IV to feature the USHJA Zone 5 & 6 Jumper Team/Platinum Championships – July 29 – Aug. 2, 2020
• Flintfields Horse Park is proud to host the FEI North American Youth Championship 2020 – 2022 for both Jumping & Dressage – Aug. 5 – 9, 2020
2. Passionate Participants and Fans – TCHS loves to play matchmaker! For brands and businesses, what better way to connect with potential new and current customers and clients than through their passions? Equestrian consumers represent a discerning and attractive marketing group comprised of educated, affluent families with significant purchasing power and diverse needs. Equestrians have proven, passionate loyalty to products and services that support their common interests.
According to the 2017 GLEF Economic Impact Study:
• Gender: 81% female
• Median age: 40-49 years old
• Education: 42% college educated; 29% some graduate school
• A typical attendee is a working professional or student
• Median annual household income: $225,000
• Annual household income of over $500,000: 18.06%
• In 2019, 41 states and nine countries were represented, offering brands a global reach and footprint.
3. A Thoughtful Approach – TCHS believes every partner is unique and a sponsor’s success is their success. TCHS’s goal is to create long-term, mutually beneficial relationships, taking great care to create customized marketing solutions that deliver upon each partner’s unique objectives. Whether a partner’s goal is brand visibility, networking or retail opportunities, TCHS offers creative activations that will help a brand connect and engage with participants and spectators. Partnership opportunities include:
4. A Shared Commitment – TCHS loves equestrian sport and is committed to doing their part to helping it grow and thrive. With this mission in mind, TCHS has made, and will continue to make, strategic improvements that will elevate the sport and enhance the overall experience of the riders, horses, trainers, owners, grooms and other partners. Over the last five years, TCHS has made significant investments, which includes increasing the prize money offered and the number of FEI weeks, renovating the rings and installing new GGT Footing, as well as adding a new hunter pavilion, stall pads and upgrading the VIP Club.
For families and farms involved in the sport, sponsorship and support will allow TCHS to continue to make crucial investments and improvements that will enhance the experience for all and will ensure the long-term growth and success of the sport and event.
TCHS is proud to have become a summer tradition for many riders and their families. A destination horse show, Traverse City Horse Shows offer something for the whole family, whether that be Moomers Ice Cream, Mondays at Torch Lake or the Sunday farmers market and happy hour at local breweries and wineries. These small moments and many more make showing in Traverse City so special and memorable.
Through its valued partnerships, TCHS is able to continue to make venue improvements and provide unique experiences for riders, trainers, owners, partners and families. TCHS hopes you will consider joining the TCHS family to make more memories together in 2020 and beyond!