Wayne, Ill. – July 28, 2018 – On the final day of Equifest I at the Lamplight Equestrian Center, the $10,000 Hollowbrook Wealth Management Show Jumping Hall of Fame 1.40m Classic, Presented by Big Ass Fans, closed out the day with a field of talented competitors battling it out for the top prize. In the end, it was Cincinatti-native Natalie Thornell aboard Snow White who took home the blue ribbon with double-clear rounds.
Course designer Peter Grant set the stage for the final class of the day, challenging riders to balance speed and accuracy around the expansive course. Fourth to go in the order, Thornell and the 10-year-old mare owned by Loveland Equine Investments set the pace for the rest of the class, being the first to go clear. Next was Elizabeth Lang riding her own Zephr, and the pair also navigated a clear course within the time-allowed to add their names to the jump-off list.
Other horse-and-rider combinations attempted to add their names to the second round order, but unfortunately had several 4-fault and 8-fault efforts. Faith Davis and her own mount Da Vinci secured the quickest 4-fault effort in the first round. When it was time to set the course for the jump-off round, Thornell and Snow White returned to the ring ready to ride a clean round skillfully and efficiently. Successful on her mission, Thornell crossed the finish in just 48.169 seconds while leaving up all of the fences.
In the order next to challenge Thornell, Lang and Zephr re-entered the Grand Prix Arena with a clear course in mind. The pair sped around the arena to finish in a time of 48.514 seconds, right on Thornell’s heels, but knocked a rail on the course to finish with 4 faults and the second place ribbon. Davis and Da Vinci rounded out the top three with their quick first round time.
Competition in Equifest II will continue on Tuesday, July 30, with the Open Jumper divisions. The week’s highlight event, the $50,000 John Deere Grand Prix, will take place on Saturday, August 3.
$10,000 Hollowbrook Wealth Management Show Jumping Hall of Fame 1.40m Classic, Presented by Big Ass Fans
1. Natalie Thornhill / Snow White / Loveland Equine Investments / 0 / 82.916 / 0 / 48.169
2. Elizabeth Lang / Zephr / Elizabeth Lang / 0 / 82.719 / 4 / 48.514
3. Faith Davis / Da Vinci / Faith Davis / 4 / 78.23
4. Isabella Bleu Baxter / Jahil / Isabella Bleu Baxter / 4 / 82.338
5. Natalie Jayne / Diamond D / Natalie Jayne / 4 / 84.247
6. Elizabeth Lang / Show Show / Alex Jayne / 4 / 84.31
7. Ashley Bewick / Sarah Anlait / Ashley Bewick / 5 / 85.772
8. Ashley Shaw / Adico / Ashley Shaw / 8 / 80.939
9. Stella Swarr / Anos Veros / High Hopes Farm LLC / 8 / 82.195
10. Emma Seving / Brighton Bay / Emma Seving / 8 / 82.474