Charlotte, NC - April 1, 2009 - The 2009 Charlotte Jumper Classic, CSI 5* will be available for the world to see on April 10-12, 2009. Thanks to the live webcast provided by Productions East Video, equestrians and spectators will be able to access live coverage of one of the nation’s most competitive horse shows from their computer.
The link to access the live webcast will be available on the main page of the Charlotte Jumper Classic website, found at www.charlottejumperclassic.com.
The live webcast will be available for all three competition days, which includes classes for junior/amateur jumpers and open international jumpers on Friday evening, Saturday afternoon and evening, and Sunday afternoon.
Charlotte Jumper Classic President Robert Johnson noted, “People from all over the world will experience the thrill of the Charlotte Jumper Classic since the entire weekend will air over the web. We are excited to add this new feature to this year’s event.”
Those interested in watching can purchase the viewing per day for $24.95. The entire three-day show can be purchased for $49.95.
The Friday evening session starts at 7 p.m. and will feature a Junior/Amateur Jumper speed class and the $25,000 Charlotte Welcome Stake for International Open Jumper riders. The International Open Jumper division will feature some of the top show jumpers in the world, including members of last year’s gold medal-winning Olympic team.
At 1:30 on Saturday afternoon, the International Open Jumper riders will compete in a speed class, while the Junior/Amateur Jumpers have an accumulator class.
Saturday evening’s session begins at 7 p.m. and will offer two classes for International Open Jumpers, including the accumulator class and the very special Puissance class, which is a high jump competition over a wall. It has never been seen before in Charlotte and is one of only a handful of puissance classes still offered in North America.
On Sunday afternoon, spectators will be able to see the two highlight classes of the weekend. Starting at 1 p.m., Junior/Amateur Jumpers will compete in their $35,000 classic. Immediately following that, the International Open Jumpers will return for the $450,000 Grand Prix of Charlotte for the Charlotte Bobcats Cup. This class is one of the biggest purses offered in show jumping, and the competition will be electric.
Join thousands of other equestrians and spectators to watch one of the best show jumping competitions in the world and be able to say that you saw the exciting finish to the jump-off!
The Charlotte Jumper Classic is a signature fundraising event for the Bobcats Youth Foundation, which focuses on improving the lives of children and youth in the community. The Charlotte Jumper Classic will host more than 150 horses in Uptown Charlotte and features $575,000 in prize money. For more information on the Charlotte Jumper Classic, please visit their Web site at www.charlottejumperclassic.com.
2009 Charlotte Jumper Classic, CSI 5* Fast Facts
EVENT: The Charlotte Jumper Classic, CSI 5*
WHAT: The premier equestrian event in the Carolinas and home to one of the richest grand prix events in the United States. The Charlotte Jumper Classic is an American Grand Prix Association event, FEI sanctioned, CSI 5* show.
WHERE: Time Warner Cable Arena, 333 East Trade Street, Charlotte, NC 28202
WHEN: April 10-12, 2009
Friday, April 10 - 7:00 p.m.
$10,000 Junior/Amateur-Owner Competition
$25,000 Charlotte Welcome Stake
Saturday, April 11 - 1:30 p.m.
$15,000 International Competition
$10,000 Junior/Amateur-Owner Accumulator
$15,000 Accumulator Competition
$25,000 Puissance Competition
Sunday, April 12 - 1:00 p.m.
$35,000 Charlotte Junior/Amateur-Owner Jumper Classic
The $450,000 Grand Prix of Charlotte for the Charlotte Bobcats Cup
• Rider hospitality area providing complimentary food and beverage will be located in the Backcourt Lounge
• Expanded competition ring
• Well appointed stabling area and schooling ring
• Live broadcast of competition inside schooling ring area
• Show Net will be in use
• Live Webcast of all competition available from Productions East
• Great entertainment
• Wide array of vendors
• Host hotel within walking distance of the Time Warner Cable Arena
• The $450,000 Grand Prix of Charlotte will be televised
• $585,000 in overall prize money
ADMISSION: $10 per ticket
PARKING: More than 30,000 parking spaces are available within walking distance of the arena. To purchase advance parking for an event, or view directions, please visit the directions or parking page at www.TimeWarnerCableArena.com for additional information. Prices range from $7.00-15.00 per day.
I-77 from the South - Exit at either John Belk Freeway (I-277) or Trade Street
I-77 from the North - Exit at either Brookshire Freeway (I-277 East), 5th Street, Trade Street or John Belk Freeway (I-277)
I-85 from the South - Exit at the Billy Graham Parkway, take the Billy Graham Parkway to I-77 North, exit at either I-277 North or Trade Street
I-85 from the North - Exit at the I-77 exit at either John Belk Freeway (I-277) or Trade Street
Inside the City:
Brookshire Freeway (I-277) from the West - Exit at either I-77 South or Brevard Street. NC49/US29 from the Northeast - Follow Tryon Street to Uptown, Time Warner Cable Arena is one block east of the intersection of Trade and Tryon Streets
Airport - Follow Josh Birmingham Parkway 1.4 miles to Billy Graham Parkway South. Proceed on Billy Graham Parkway to I-77 North. Exit at either John Belk Freeway (I-277) or Trade Street
Marriott Charlotte City Center
100 West Trade Street
Charlotte, NC 28202 (.2mi away)
1-800-228-9290 or 704-358-6579
*Ask for Charlotte Jumper Classic rate*
ADDITIONAL NEARBY HOTELS:
Holiday Inn Charlotte, Center City, 230 N. College St., 704-335-5400 (.1mi away)
Hilton Charlotte, 222 East Third St. 704-377-1500 (.2mi away)
Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Uptown, 530 E. Second St., 704-333-9213 (.3mi away)
AmeriSuites Coliseum, 4119 South Stream Blvd, 704-357-8555
Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel, 2800 Coliseum Centre Drive, 704-357-1414
Sleep Inn Coliseum, 701 Yorkmont Road, 704-525-5005
Wyndham Garden Hotel, 2600 Yorkmont Road, 704-357-9100
Box office locations and hours:
• Time Warner Cable Arena offers event guests convenient ways to purchase tickets to arena events online, by phone or at the arena’s on-site box office window.
• Online at TimeWarnerCableArena.com - The arena offers tickets to its events at TimeWarnerCableArena.com.
• Telephone - Tickets are available via toll-free phone at 1-800-495-2295.
• Time Warner Cable Arena Box Office - Time Warner Cable Arena box office is located on the Club Concourse level in the lobby mid-way between the Trade Street and Fifth Street entrances. It features 16 box office windows, with six accessible from the outside. Box Office Hours - Box Office hours are 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. Monday-Friday; 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. Saturday; and closed Sunday.
Guests with disabilities:
Time Warner Cable Arena takes pride in its efforts to meet the needs of all guests. The arena satisfies, and in many cases, exceeds the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. These are some of the services available to our guests with disabilities:
• Access to Time Warner Cable Arena - We recommend that guests with disabilities access the arena on the Fifth Street side near the disabled drop-off location. Guests with disabilities also can access the arena through the Trade Street entrance during regular box office hours (10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. Monday-Friday; 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. Saturday; and closed Sunday).
• Wheelchair and Companion Seating - Wheelchair and companion seating is available at various locations throughout Time Warner Cable Arena. Wheelchair users shall be limited to one (1) wheelchair and three (3) companion seats per event [or any combination of seats not exceeding four (4) seats]. Additional companion and/or wheelchair seats will be sold on a case-by-case basis. To purchase wheelchair and companion seating, please call VOICE: 1-800-495-2295 or TTY/TTD 1-800-735-8262. Please be advised that Time Warner Cable Arena reserves the right to take appropriate legal action against individuals who fraudulently obtain wheelchair and companion seating.
• Assistive Listening System (ALS) - Time Warner Cable Arena has been equipped with the most advanced ALS. Assisted listening devices are available to guests who are hard of hearing, blind or partially sighted at no charge at Guest Services. A driver's license, credit card or some form of identification will be required as a deposit. Guests who choose to bring their own headset and receiver may access the system on a standard FM broadcast.
• Guide Dogs and Service Animals - Animals are not allowed in Time Warner Cable Arena; however, an exception is made for guests with guide dogs or service animals. Please contact our ADA Coordinator if any accommodations are required.
• Interpreting Services - Guests requiring interpreting services for concerts should contact our ADA Coordinator no later than three weeks after concert ticket sales begin.
• If you require assistance while visiting Time Warner Cable Arena, please contact an usher or staff member, or visit our Guest Services, where Representative will be happy to answer any questions you may have. Please e-mail us with any additional questions regarding guests with disabilities.
CHARLOTTE JUMPER CLASSIC
333 East Trade Street
Charlotte, NC 28202
Web site: www.charlottejumperclassic.com
Director of Corporate Communications, Time Warner Cable Arena
Phelps Media Group, Inc.
13833 Wellington Trace
Unit E-4 #221
Wellington, FL 33414
Web site: www.phelpsmediagroup.com